Visa Assistance Letters
To obtain a visa to attend an IEEE conference, some embassies will request presentation of a letter from IEEE. We will be glad to provide such a letter to you in PDF format via email. Please make your request to LocArrChair@ieee-rfid.org and provide the following information:
- Affiliation (company, university, etc.)
- Mailing address
- Postal Code
- IEEE Member Number (if applicable)
- Are you the author of an accepted paper for IEEE RFID 2009? If so, please provide your paper title and the paper number
- Confirmation of your paid registration fee for IEEE RFID 2009
- Email address to receive letter in PDF format
Your registration receipt will strengthen your request for a visa and we will reference that fact in our letter. It is also recommended you take your registration receipt to your visa interview.
Effective January 12, 2009, the requirements to travel visa-free into the United States will be changed. Nationals of Visa Waiver Program countries will still be eligible to travel without a visa, but will have to obtain an approved travel authorization prior to their travel to the United States. The actual approval form and additional information may be found here.